UEI provides comprehensive Project Engineering services. The Project Engineer – as the technical member of the customer focus team – leads the product realization team and is responsible for all technical aspects of your projects, including:
- New product introductions
- Detailed BOM analysis to ensure proper component usage
- Product change analysis and implementation
- Project document control
- Product cost reduction initiatives
- Ensure all customer requirements are realized during the manufacturing process
Project engineering is available to assist the customer with everything from initial design to final product packaging. Our goal is to produce the most cost-effective product by getting involved with our customer early in the design stage to help provide input to the design for improved quality, ease of manufacture and effective testability.
Automation and Process Engineering provide the necessary process development and production support to build the customer's product in the most efficient and cost-effective manner with the highest product quality. Through involvement during the entire assembly process, the engineering staff generates assembly documentation and tooling for each process step, and conducts pre-assembly and post-assembly product reviews with the production group, to assure all customer requirements are thoroughly met.
- Product manufacturability review and risk analysis using DFM guidelines with feedback
- PCB panelization for optimized process flow
- CAD/CAM software generated SMT machine programming and documented process controls
- Automated optical inspection (AOI)
- X-Ray inspection supported process development
- Continuous process flow
- Flying Probe
- Custom assembly fixtures
- Data supported process improvements
The UEI technical staff have years of experience in developing lean manufacturing processes to successfully produce many types of printed circuit boards and complete box built products.
Contact us to learn how our experienced team can help with your next project.